- Individual Therapy Session (50 minutes): $80
- Group Therapy Rates: Varies based on specifics of group. Please inquire for further information.
All fees are due at the end of each session. Payment options include cash, check and all major credit cards. Sliding scale rates are available on a limited basis; if you are unable to afford my fee, please inquire about the possibility of a reduced rate. Missed appointments not cancelled at least 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time will require full payment for the session. Exceptions are made in case of emergencies.
Please note that I do not accept insurance. I have several reasons for this, which are outlined below:
- Many counseling services are not covered by insurance (for example, relationship counseling, sexual addiction counseling, etc.). In my experience, different companies tend to have different and ever-changing policies regarding coverage, which is a time-consuming and often frustrating game to play as a provider.
- In order to receive third party payment from a health insurance company, the person receiving counseling services MUST have a psychiatric DSM-V diagnosis, denoting “mental illness,” which often becomes a permanent part of his or her electronic medical record for the rest of the client’s life which is often inappropriate, in my opinion.
- Confidentiality is not as reliable as we would hope, considering the insurance and managed care information network. There is risk of diagnostic/treatment information leakage to present/potential employers, insurance companies, and finance organizations.
New Client Forms
Informed Consent Form
Client Intake Questionnaire
Notice of Privacy Practices Form